Thursday, June 26, 2008

Walking better!

Right when you start to not think about it so much... bam! He's actually doing a lot better with it. He does it without really thinking anymore. It used to be that you'd hold his hand and pull him so that he'd walk. Now, you hold one hand, and he's pulling you, telling you where he wants to go! He's started standing at the ottoman, and just walking over to his toys. I haven't counted, but I'd say the most he does in a row is about 20 steps. He knows when to slow down, and how to pivot (slowly). He was sitting the other day by the chair, and instead of crawling over to the ottoman and then standing up, he put his hands on the floor, stuck his butt in the air, and stood up... and started walking!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! It was amazing. He's getting to where he realizes that that is just as fast, if not faster than crawling. The therapist told us to hold a washcloth, and let him hold the other end. That way, he feels like he's holding something, and we can let go without freaking him out so much. That works, but sometimes he notices that you aren't holding on anymore. He is still crawling most of the time, but he is just building his confidence right now. Have a great day guys!

4 comments:

Megan said...

That is awesome!! Way to go Caden!!

Charlotte's Mom said...

Thanks so much for commenting on Charlotte's blog. I've just read Caden's story. Wow. You've all been through so much. I'm thrilled to read how well he's doing.

And is he going to be a big brother, too?
Charloote's Mommy

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

YEA!!! That is great!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for checking out my blog. It is so great to find other people who's child also has Truncus. I have felt very alone. I dont think I have met anyone else that has Truncus, let alone someone who has survived ECMO. It would be great to chat sometime. Email me anytime! And your little boy is just beautiful! :)