Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Progress!!!

So, I was supposed to take Caden to the doctor on Wednesday, tomorrow, for an xray to check his lungs. Paul called them yesterday to see if they could get him in so that I didn't have to take off work. (Paul is off every Monday and Tuesday.) They were able to get him in yesterday, and they took the xray. From what Paul said, the nurses were so happy to see him in a good mood, and when the doctor walked in, he was pleasantly surprised at how happy and energetic Caden was. He's doing so great! They looked at the xray, and the collapsed lobe looks a lot better. I obviously didn't get to see it, but Paul was saying that you really have to look at it in order to see the shadows. Last time, two weeks ago, it was bright white in that section. He said that you can barely even see the lungs!

We went to a friend's house last night for a birthday BBQ. The ones with a little girl Caden's age. They had a blast! She just loved him! She was hugging him and kissing him and it was just so sweet. The two of them were playing in her room, and you could just hear them laughing at each other. That is such a sweet sound. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about it.

He had a bunch of food, and then they broke out the cake. Chocolate with chocolate icing and little kiss things on top. He was a maniac! He ate the entire adult-sized piece! He's crazy. He was crazy, after that! Hehehe. Sugar buzz.

He pushed my jewelry armoire over yesterday morning while I was at work, and when we got home from the BBQ, I was re-organizing the drawers. I had them lined out on the bed, and he was sitting there on the bed watching me. He would lean over, real quick and grab an earring or something, and then try to get away as quick as possible. He would jump and dive into the pillow. He thought it was hilarious, and he just kept doing it. He's so funny. He knows when he's not supposed to have something, cause he tries to hide it, or hide himself. He does the whole ostrich head-in-the-sand thing pretty well! :)

It's obvious that he feels a lot better. He is back to his crazy self. He's making faces again. (which he wasn't doing for a while) He makes this really funny face. It's his excited/surprised face. I'll put a picture of it on. It's from his party at the beginning of May. That was pretty much the last time he was feeling this good.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I am so glad Caden is feeling better and that the x-ray showed great improvement. I just can't beleive how big he looks!!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

He looks so darn cute. I love the surprise face. It kind of looks like he is signing more...is he? Well, I am glad to hear that his lungs are better, that must be some weight off of your shoulders. Thinking about you guys always.