Thursday, June 19, 2008

Carpet!!!

So, if you didn't know, we have been "working" on finishing the basement. We gave ourselves to Thanksgiving to get it done, so it seems that we are right on schedule! Just kidding. We went to Lowe's and ordered the carpet, and then they measured, and then we had to go pay for it, and then we waited for almost two weeks for them to call and schedule the install. It was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, and he called me at 8:30 in the morning, saying he was on the way. So, why do they even schedule it? If they are just going to come whenever they want? Sooooo annoying. The whole carpet-getting process took about 2 months. Yep. Good thing our deadline was far out!

It looks great though. Of course, Paul felt the need to go out Monday night and buy a big TV for the basement. He "wanted to make sure the kids would have something to watch down there." Isn't that sweet??? Heehee. So, the second (third) living area should be completed within a couple of weeks. We need to paint and put up the trim, and paint the finishing touches, but I think we are scarily close to being done. I am soooo excited!!! There has been furniture (coffee table, love seat, arm chair etc.) in the office for 2 months now, and you can't even walk around in there.

We are actually going to move the office downstairs and turn that room into the nursery, so that Caden doesn't have to give up his room. I don't want to give up the guest room, either. It seems like when we have company, we REALLY have company. So the basement will probably be used for people to sleep too. I will post pictures as soon as I get around to it.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like it is moving right along. I wish I could say the same about our little building project!! Oh well, one of these days it will be done....right??

Recovery Guru said...

Sorry I haven't left a comment sooner we have been a little busy! I am so happy that you left a comment on my blog, it is so great to run into kids that have a heart like Sydney's. I am excited to get to know you and little Caden better! What do you think of the truncus support group that you have linked to your blog? If you like it I might try to join it too.
-Caralee

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.