Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cardiology Report

Sorry I forgot to update about the cardiologist appointment the other day. No news is good news, right? Yeah!



This is what she said:



No ASD anymore (YAY)



Minimal (if any) VSD leakage (YAY)



All chambers are enlarged, but they always have been



Every valve leaks, Tricuspid and Trucal valves are mild-moderate. Mitral valve is mild.



The highest pressures she was able to read this time were what was in the "normal" range last time-maybe indicates that things are even better than last time???



He actually did really well throughout most of it. He watched the Wiggles and was doing hand signs through it. Kinda funny, I'd never seen him do that. Towards the end, when they look at the top of the heart, he started crying. He doesn't like it when they do that part. She has to push the wand down and it pushes into his chin/jaw. He hates that part. He was such a good boy though, for the EEG and everything! I was very impressed! I realy didn't have to go, but I worked through lunch to kind of make up for the time off.



She left his meds the same, going to let him kind of grow out of his dose, and hopefully one day we'll be able to stop giving him meds all together! I was hoping she'd go down, but that may have been a little too much to ask. We have to go back in 6 months. I was hoping for 9 or 12, but then again, maybe too much to ask for.

Overall, he looks just the same as last time, if not a little bit better. :) I'm so proud of little man. Not that he could help it, but still. Good genes, I guess. :)

2 comments:

HeartMom said...

Congratulations! Good news is always nice!

leasoup said...

Yay, Caden! I love you little guy!