Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Updates...

So, the therapist came out last week and did her evaluation. There were two people, actually, and guy and a girl. I went home for lunch so that I could hear it for myself. You know how men are with remembering that kind of stuff. :)

They said that he definitely qualifies for speech therapy. He has a few problems:

-He condenses his "sentences" into one or two syllables, and that's why most his words don't sound like any real words.

-He leaves off the consonants at the end or beginning of words, or he says it backwards. Like Du for duck and ga for dog. I know that doesn't make sense, but if you heard him, you would get what I'm saying.

So, he is still using baby words, and he needs to be drinking out of a big boy cup as much as possible. It helps develop different muscles that he needs to be able to speak more clearly. The first real therapy session will be on the 21st at 11:00. I may or may not go home for an early lunch. We'll see. That's also the day that we are taking Cameron for his three month pictures. I can't believe he's already that old! He's getting so big.

He can old his head up very well by now. He can roll over, though not all the time. He likes tummy time a lot. He "talks" a lot, and he smiles a lot. He loves bath time, and Caden likes to help with it too! Things are going pretty good right now. I'm still pumping up a storm. I get about 8oz every 4 hours. That's almost double what he needs, but I'd rather have too much than not enough. He still has never had any formula!!! :) I think I could feed him for about a month on what's in my freezer!

I'll let you know how therapy goes when she comes out on the 21st.

No comments: