Monday, April 27, 2009

Poopy Potty!!!

So, we've been working on the potty for a while now. Kinda touch and go. He has really started to take off with it though!

We've gotten to where we only give him M&M's if he goes potty. He gets 4 for a pee pee, and an egg from Easter filled with about 10 of them for a poopy. At least that was the plan... lol

Saturday, he said potty, so I sat down next to him on the kitchen floor, next to his potty. He sat down, and was talking to me a little bit. He pee peed and got very excited about it. He can feel it, and then he starts screaming, because he knows about the M&M's coming his way. :)

Then he got the "poopy" face. You know, the one where his little face turns kinda red? :) How cute! (Possibly only a mother or father would understand!) I asked him if he was going poopy, and he said yes! I didn't really believe him, but then he stood up and started pointing to the potty, screaming. I looked, and sure enough, he poopied in the potty! It was a big poopy too! :) So, I gave him the egg with M&M's for the first time ever...

He went the whole morning and part of the afternoon without ever using his diaper. Go Caden!!!!

Yesterday, we went to Kohl's and Paul got a bunch of clothes. We got Caden some big boy undies while we were there. He got to pick them out. Adorable! I remember when my brother was little, and his little briefs. It brought back memories! :)

This morning, when I left for work, I kissed all of my boys, and told them to have a good day. About 8:30, Paul called me and I missed it. He text me that I needed to call him as soon as possible. I (of course) freaked out and called him right away.

Here goes...

Paul was standing, unloading the dishwasher. Caden likes to help with this. :) All of the sudden, Caden starts running, ripping at his diaper like a mad man. (Paul's words :) ) He ripped his diaper off on the way to the potty, but he was already pooping. He got some poopy on the kitchen floor, on the seat of the potty (which he immediately sat on) and then from what Paul said, he only got a tiny bit of poopy in the actually potty. The point though, is that he did it! Paul gave him a Caden-sized handful of M&M's and proceeded to clean up the poopy smeared kitchen (and the back of Cadens' leg). He did it!!!

I am so proud of him, he's doing so great! :)

On another note, he goes back to the Cardiologist on the 11th. It's been almost 6 months already! I always get very nervous and anxious for a few weeks before his appointments. I have been freaking out a lot lately. He has been kinda clammy for about a week now. But, like Paul said, it's started really warming up outside, and he's a little boy, running around, using a lot of energy. His little head gets sweaty, which is very scary. He's not really tired though. I have heard on the online group that when it's time for another surgery, the kids get very tired all the time. Like, fall asleep during dinner tired. This is definitely not the case, so I am leaning towards him just being a little boy with a bad heart, who sweats more than the average kid. He's always working harder, and when he plays, it's that much more pronounced. I'm hoping so anyway. Please keep him in your thoughts in the next couple of weeks, especially on the 11th. I'm hoping that he gets a green light for another 6 months, and maybe we can even drop one of his meds! Thanks guys.

Ashlea

2 comments:

leasoup said...

I'm wiping the tears from laughing at that story! Caden has quite a history with poop already. And, now that I think about it, doesn't Cameron have his own poop story? :) :) :) Soooo funny! You could write a funny book with all your boys' poop stories!
<3

Forrest said...

Are you proud of Paul or Caden? I know Paul has a hard time with the poopy. I'm proud of him for cleaning Caden up himself instead of hosing him down outside lol. I proud of Caden too!