Thursday, April 3, 2008

A wonderful foundation!

Well, I'll start by saying that we met our deductible for last year. By a lot. :)

Most if not all of you know about RSV, and how dangerous it can be to little ones, especially ones with medical miracles. Synagis is the shot that the kiddos get once per month to help ward off the virus. Caden started getting it in November... I think. We didn't get any bills for it, so I never thought about it.

Well, for the first one in 2008, they called me. They informed me that since the new year began, we would have to pay for the shots out of pocket until we met our out of pocket maximum. No big deal right? Well... he informed me that there are two separate shots, and that for every month, the price for both of the shots was $2,369.33. Of course, all we had to pay was 20%, which ends up being $473.87... That's right. Every thirty days.

Holy cow! First we had to meet our deductible ($300) and then we would have to pay the amount in full(the 20%)before they would send the next month's shots. What a scam. As my mother-in-law put it "Either way, they've got you by the balls." And yes, she was right. If anything happened to him as a result of not getting the shots, then how horrible would I feel for the rest of my life??? Ugh.

Anyway, we have obviously paid for them, and as a result, we have met our out of pocket maximum for this year now, too.

As I was researching synagis a few weeks ago, I found a foundation that helps pay for the coinsurance for many diffrent medications and such. I submitted our information, and we received our approval letter the other day. They are going to cover our expenses that our insurance does not, up to the full $1,500 that we have paid. Awesome!!!

I thought that with all of the people that use Blogger, some would find this useful. Pass it on, and if you know someone who is looking for a foundation to make a donation to, this is another great opportunity. Even if you don't need it, you should check out all of the different things they cover. Different conditions such as: Anemia, Cystic Fibrosis, MS, and Rheumatoid Arthritis, and everything in between. It's awesome, and I can't help but share it with you!

If you apply for assistance, good luck!

Ashlea

No comments: