Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Party!!!

I (Ashlea) am in the process of planning Caden's coming home party. He came home from the hospital on May 7th. Almsot a year now, unbelieveable! This year, that lands on a Wednesday. Not such a great day for a party. We are planning on doing it the Sunday before, which would be the 4th (not sure what time yet). We are going to eat cake, and I'm thinking about making heart-shaped cookies. Anyone that knows my "skill" in the baking department will probably steer clear of the cookies. :) Maybe I'll just get a tube of dough. You can't screw up Pillsbury... right???

If you think of any cute games to play or anything else, please let me know. He's going to be 17 months by that time, so he probably doesn't care what we do. It's not neccessary to bring gifts, we are just going to celebrate his health.

Thanks guys!

Ashlea

P.S. I can/will send a formal invitation to anyone that wants one.

2 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

That is such a wonderful idea. I don't know how old the children will be that are going to attend, but you could always let them decorate their own cookie or have a sundae bar and they could make their own sundaes.

Good job Caden for taking steps. What a big boy you are. Keep up the good work and before you know it you can get into things you aren't allowed to. It will be sooo much fun!!!

Ashlea, you are welcome to put a link on your blog. I think it so much easier, and if you don't mind I would love to put yours on ours as well. Let me know!!! Take care and have fun planning the party.

Love, Amy

Megan said...

What a great idea. I think that it is just as important to celebrate times like this as well as birthdays. I know Septmember
12th will always be a special day because that is when Isabella "really" came home. I have found that with Isabella I tend to celebrate every single aspect of her life. I have taken over 3000 photos of this poor child!! And not to mention, I blog every move she makes!! What can I say, I am proud of my baby.
Love
Megan