Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bubble Mowers and Bunk Beds.

We were out and about this weekend, looking for a solution to the soon-to-be bed problem in our house. We were thinking about maybe doing bunk beds for the boys, and Caden can just use the bottom bunk for a couple of years until the new baby is ready to move into his room. Well, we still haven't completely decided, but we think we are going to build Caden a bed, and then build an identical one when we need it. I found some plans online, and I know how crazy we sound. Paul and I are actually accomplished Do-It-Yourserlfers, and decent woodworkers, so I think we can get it done.

Depending on how it turns out, I'll post some pics. LOL

While we were out, we stopped by babies r us. It was kinda fun to see all the new baby stuff they have out, and how ridiculous some of it is. It reiterated the fact that we have everything we need, and not to buy anything. :) We did, however, find a really cool bubble mower that was only $15.99! I had a 20% off coupon, so it was like $13 or something. We put him down for a nap when we got home, and put it together. When he got up, he saw it, and I thought he was going to faint. :) He screamed like a crazy boy and ran to it. He didn't push it fast enough to make the bubbles work for a while, so we had to show him. Once the bubbles started, he was in love. He won't even take a bath if it means being away from that thing. It's sweet, and a great buy for anyone with small children.

I'll try to get picks of it on too. :)

4 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I remember those mowers from when I used to babysit in high school. I bought one for the little guy I used to take care of. He loved it. I didn't realize they still had them. I love surprising little kids, they always have the best reactions.

Recovery Guru said...

Caden is all boy! What a super cute toy, I bet he will have a great time playing with it for a long time! (or until it is to cold to play with it outside!)

leasoup said...

He is HILARIOUS with his mower fetish ;)

Megan said...

That is too cute!! Can't wait to see pics. And I can so see you and Paul building beds!! :)