Thursday, February 21, 2008

Getting Started

I have been contemplating creating a page for Caden, and I decided I'm just going to do it. Many people in our lives do not realize to what extent Caden's medical history goes. I only shared what I wanted to at the time, and I left a lot out sometimes. I have written some blogs on Myspace about how things were, but I believe that this could be a better outlet. I feel as if I am forcing some of the people on Myspace to read things they don't want to read, and we don't want that, so even if no one reads this, I will feel validated. I am going to write as it comes, and it may take a while to get the whole story out, so bare with me. A good project for those bored hours at work!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I am so glad you have created the blog. It has been such a great outlet for me. I have found such a huge support system out of it. And it also allows people to follow your story and then, you don't have to repeat yourself 5 thousand times!!
As you saw, Bella did great in surgery today. She is already closed up, and is on minimal meds right now. I suspect they will try to wake her up some tomorrow.
Well, I look forward to reading your blog.
Take Care
Gudde's

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I got your blog from Megan. I too have a little boy named Kaden who was also on ECMO and had a long stay at CMH. He is now 3 1/2 years old. We now have a little girl named Ava who is a little over a month. She too was on ECMO. Reading about Caden brought tears to my eyes. There are so many similarities between our babies. It broke my heart reading what all he went through. He is absolutely adorable. I plan to follow your blog to see how well he is doing now. It seems like you guys have been strong throughout this process...stay strong. Amy